Re: TRichView vs WPTools
Posted: 06/11/2003 23:25:45
Some pros for TRichView
- better support of tables (as far as I know, WPTools does not support:
nested tables; multiple paragraphs in table cells (try to make one line
centered and one line left-aligned in WPTools' table cells, or try to create
a bulleted list in table cell); vertical cell merging; vertical cell
alignment; background pictures. All the listed features are supported by
- Unicode support;
- Delphi components in documents;
- I am not sure here, but it looks like bullets/numbering is more flexible
in TRichView (can WPTools create a numbering like:
- more visually attractive components for creating user interface
(RichViewActions - http://www.trichview.com/resources/actions/)
Some pros for WPTools
- WYSIWYG editing (you can see page size in editor; in TRichView, page size
can be seen only in read-only TRVPrint)
- tabs (RichView does not support tab positions yet)
Some things that I recommend to look at:
- quality of RTF and HTML import and export (I am quite proud of TRichView
in this field)
- convenience of programming interface
> Hi to all!
> I am currently examining different text edit controls and find TRichView
> WPTools to be the best. However they look very similarly to me as
> functionality and I am wondering what is the difference between them?
> Has anyone tried both or know the difference?
> Yours sincerely,
> Petko Kafedjiski
> Milenix Software Ltd.
Powered by ABC Amber Outlook Express Converter