Speed and Formatting Questions

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
lkessler

Speed and Formatting Questions

Post by lkessler »

I use TRichViewEdit in my application sometimes for very large documents, e.g. 20 MB or more. TRichViewEdit takes several seconds already to format these documents, and some operations have a noticeable delay.

Is ScaleRichView's TSRichViewEdit about as fast as TRichViewEdit, or will the extra things it does slow it down more than TRichViewEdit for large documents? If so, by how much? Twice as slow? 5 times as slow? 20 times as slow?

Does the whole document need to be Formatted in ScaleRichView like it does in RichView? Would it be possible to set it up so it just formats the pages being viewed rather than the whole document? That would really help for very large documents.

Louis
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Probably Ilya can answer better, but as I understand, time for formatting of ScaleRichView = time for formatting TRichView + time for repagination. The latter is much faster than formatting.
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

Time for page formatting is very small. Even for document having several hundreds pages, page formatting is instant (it takes less than one second).
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

But the whole formatting of ScaleRichView is not faster than formatting of TRichViewEdit with the same document.