Page Sizes

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
Shane Stump

Page Sizes

Post by Shane Stump »

I understand that TScaleRichView supports ISO standards but unfortunately I have to support US standards!

I am now in the process of writing a TDocumentPageSetupDialog and I am wondering if the best (proper) method to set the page size in a TScaleRichView object's PageProperty object is to set the FormatMode to srvfmCustom and then setting the FormatWidth and FormatHeight to the "closest" mm sizes?

If this is the best method, I would recommend you add some options for US users (letter / legal).

Best Regards,

Shane
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Re: Page Sizes

Post by proxy3d »

I am now in the process of writing a TDocumentPageSetupDialog and I am wondering if the best (proper) method to set the page size in a TScaleRichView object's PageProperty object is to set the FormatMode to srvfmCustom and then setting the FormatWidth and FormatHeight to the "closest" mm sizes?

Unit FormatWidth and FormatHeight depends on property UnitsProgram ( Inches, Centimeters, Millimeters, Picas, Pixels, Points).

Please, download new version ActionTest.

If this is the best method, I would recommend you add some options for US users (letter / legal).

what standards in US?
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

In the US, the following are the most common page sizes:

Letter - 8.5" x 11" (~216mm x ~279mm)
Legal - 8.5" x 14" (~216mm x ~356mm).

Out of curiosity, I set the TScaleRichView object's units to srvInches and my program crashes with an EDivideByZero exception.

I will just leave the units in millimeters and do the conversion my self.

Best Regards,

Shane[/quote]
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

In the US, the following are the most common page sizes:

Well, I add these formats.

Out of curiosity, I set the TScaleRichView object's units to srvInches and my program crashes with an EDivideByZero exception.

Sorry, I have forgotten. Error with UnitsProgram is corrected only today.
FormatWidth and FormatHeight were integers. Now they are Extended (not in trial version yet)

When the error occured, what was the value of PageSize? What measuring unit?
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

Next update will support more than 110 standard paper formats (ISO(Europe), ANSI(US), JIS(Japan) and more), as well as user-defined format.
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

proxy3d wrote:In the US, the following are the most common page sizes:

Well, I add these formats.

Sorry, I have forgotten. Error with UnitsProgram is corrected only today.
FormatWidth and FormatHeight were integers. Now they are Extended (not in trial version yet)

When the error occured, what was the value of PageSize? What measuring unit?
Also, will the new version save the units accurately? I.E. if I choose, a program unit of inches, will it be stored as double instead of integer?

Any chance of making another version available with this option + fixing orientation not saving bug?

The reason I am asking is that if my client signs off on the new version of my document editor using ScaleRichView, I will be purchasing it real quick.

Best Regards,

Shane
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

Also, will the new version save the units accurately? I.E. if I choose, a program unit of inches, will it be stored as double instead of integer?
Yes

Any chance of making another version available with this option + fixing orientation not saving bug?
Not in trial version yet.
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

Well, I will place an order as soon as I have my client sign off on it so please place the fix in the trial version soon.

Any idea when it will be?

Best Regards,

Shane
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

Any idea when it will be?

Think that tomorrow
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

OK.

If you decide you need someone to keep testing the component and you have an interim fix for the Orientation, please send me a download link as it is only 3:40pm here and I still have several hours I am willing to work today.

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

Any progress on new version?

Shane
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Post by proxy3d »

we try to give new version today
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

Thanks. I will check back later today.

Best Regards,

Shane
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, it is taking more time than we expected.
We decided to make a complete solution, with adding new properties to TRichView (instead of ScaleRichView providing additional data to save in RVF). In this way, we will be able to store page information not only in RVF, but in RTF too.
The update will be this week.
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

Remember that is what I have been saying :D !

I will check back in a couple of days.

Best Regards,

Shane