How To Print / Print Preview??

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
Shane Stump

How To Print / Print Preview??

Post by Shane Stump »

How does one make the print/print preview actions in rvActionsList work with ScaleRichView?

Currently they print / preview based on the TRichView instead of the TScaleRichView.

That is, the page setup isn't used.

Best Regards,

Shane
proxy3d
ScaleRichView Developer

Re: How To Print / Print Preview??

Post by proxy3d »

Use components SRVPrint and SRVPreview. See example Poster.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Certainly, TrvActionPrint, TrvActionQuickPrint, TrvActionPrintPreview, TrvActionPageSetup do not work with ScaleRichView properly. It's obvious, because they use TRVPrint's repagination procedure and properties instead of ScaleRichView's procedure and properties.
The most of these actions can be implemented with ScaleRichView very easy, and it is shown in the ScaleRichView version of ActionTest demo.
TrvActionPrint, TrvActionQuickPrint are implemented, TrvActionPrintPreview is not really necessary because the editor is already WYSIWYG.
The most problematic is TrvActionPageSetup. ScaleRichView demos include a page setup dialog, but it is very simplistic.
Currently,you need to create a page setup dialog for ScaleRichView yourself. Later, we will create a new action for ScaleRichView page setup.
Shane Stump

Post by Shane Stump »

I created a page setup when I first started... I noticed the printing was different so I also overrode that in rvAcitons.

I guess I will kill the print preview and see what the client thinks.

If they are FINALLY OK with it, I will have my partner register and hopefully put this to bed!

Best Regards,

Shane
mihoum

Post by mihoum »

Does the TrvActionPageSetup work with ScaleRichview now?
Is there any example if it does?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Sorry, not yet.