Compiled Demo/font appearance

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

May be I still do not understand the source of the problem.
To my opinion, document in zoom = 100% and zoom = 101% must look almost identically. If it is displayed wrong, the whole drawing procedure must be changed, not only displaying in 100%.
(Moreover, as far as I know how ScaleRichView works, document is formatted in higher resolution, and any displaying on the screen is scaling; just like TRVPrintPreview that displays document formatted in the printer resolution (usually higher than the screen resolution))
Mafi

ScaleRichview font scaling/drawing

Post by Mafi »

Any good news for the font display for TScaleRichview. Seems that this depends on the monitor resolution and varies from perfect up to completely unreadable :(

btw: The output of TRichview looks much much better.

Thanks
Mafi
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this problem. In my computer, the output looks good both in normal (1600x1200) and narrow (1600x900) resolutions.
This problem will be fixed when we found a system were we will be able to reproduce it.
Mafi

Post by Mafi »

It's quite easy to reproduce. Install VMWare 6.xx, create a small application with a TScaleRichview component, aligned to client and one button to load a *.rvf file. Compile this app and run it inside VMWare (VMWare option set: View-autofit guest), change the size of the VMWare window for each run and you can see the problem. Did the same yesterday.

Thanks and greets
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

So does this problem exist only when running in VMWare?
Mafi

Post by Mafi »

Definitely not, this problem is always existent, but you're able to use VMWare to simulate the behaviour of the problem, because you can change the resolution of the underlying OS (Windows?) very easily
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

The problem with widescreen displays is fixed.
Mafi

Post by Mafi »

Hi,

please can you update also the TRichview component, because I'm unable to compile the packages?

Error: sclrview.pas line 5714 and line 8351, undefined identifier "ondrawhyperlink"

Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

TRichView is already updated, make sure that you use version 10.2.
If you already installed this version, then delete files of the older TRichView version, because it looks like Delphi tries to compile ScaleRichView with the older version of TRichView.

Besides, it looks like your version of ScaleRichView is not the latest because in the latest version of SclRView.pas, this TRichView.RVData's event is accessed on lines: 5799, 8490, 8492
toolwiz

Post by toolwiz »

Wow! This looks a LOT BETTER!!!

GREAT JOB!

-David