Page size settings vs. printed page settings

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
toolwiz

Page size settings vs. printed page settings

Post by toolwiz »

I'm using the demo app as the basis for another application, and I wanted to ask about a quirk involving page size settings and printing.

If you import a document (Insert ... File) or open an existing document, it accepts the page size in the original document.

If you change the page size of an existing document, it can corrupt the layout of the entire document. I realize this is a generic problem endemic to all word processors.

The problem is if you have an A4 document and try to PRINT it as a "Letter" document (8-1/2" x 11"), or vice versa, it also messes things up.

In a program like Word, the printer driver will usually scale the output to fit the printed page, rather than reformatting the entire document before rendering it.

Is there a way to prevent the entire document from getting reformatted if you simply want to print it to a different sized page? That is, can it scale each output page to the printed page AFTER it has rendered it using the default page layout settings?

Thanks
-David
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

ScaleRichView allows printing in another page format (with scaling) using TSRVPrint component. There is an example of using this component to print posters, but it may be too complicated for this simple task.
Ilya will make a simpler example soon.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

In the new update, SRichViewEdit automatically prints like that (if the printer does not support the document page size, the document is scaled down proportionally to fit the paper size).
Besides, several printing modes are added to SRVPrint component, so now you can customize how to print document if the printer page size is not the same as the document page size.
Demos are added in SRVPrint folder.