MS Word compatibilty

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
Sillicoid

MS Word compatibilty

Post by Sillicoid »

Once again i have a little question about the ScaleRichView-Features.

We plan to integrate the editor in our software. As we bought the sourcecode now, the field-issue for our custom-fields wont be a problem anymore. But now another problem occured:

"Office style sheets" / formatting templates - dont know the right english term for that in word.

We are working with files in .rtf-format. Those can be edited with our old text-editor and microsoft word. In word we can use those formatting-templates that are saved at the beginning of the rtf-file (didnt look deep into the structure for now).
When i open the rtf-File with ScaleRichView, save it and then open again with Word, all those options/settings are lost.

Did i miss some settings for supporting those templates or isnt there any. Any solutions or ideas?

Loosing these settings in the rtf after saving would be a knock-out for introducing the new editor :(

Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you mean styles (like "Normal text", "Heading 1", etc.)?
They are not supported yet. We plan to implement a support of styles in the next several months.
Sillicoid

Post by Sillicoid »

Yes, thats what i meant.
Looking forward for that support then so we can finally use the module ;)
Sillicoid

Post by Sillicoid »

Hi.
Is there anything new to this or an ETA available?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Middle of March
Sillicoid

Post by Sillicoid »

Whats the current status here? Last news on the website is from 2011/12 and we are now in middle of June.

We are currently thinking about leaving trichview and look for alternatives.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Current state.

Ready:
- collections of styles, including all properties and design-time support (special property editors);
- formatting according to styles: like in MS Word, text and paragraphs can be linked to a style; two styles affect text: its own style and style of its paragraph;
- application of styles to the selection (undoable)
- updating a document in an editor after changes in styles (undoable)

Partially completed:
- style dialog in RichViewActions (to do: localization, hyperlink properties in styles, special support for several standard styles)
- style inspector in RichViewActions (to do: localization)

To do:
- saving and loading in RTF, RVF, and some format containing only styles (at least very simple ini-based format)
- several actions in RichViewActions (creating new style taking properties from the selection, style copying, clear format)

When it will be complete, we will release TRichView 14.
To do after that: HTML export (and import too) with the help of styles.

We are currently concentrated on this feature and we will try to release it ASAP.
In the private forum, you can see a post about alpha-testing styles.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Send me a private message with details of your order (for example, email address used in it) to get access to the private forum.