Create Virtual Camera

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
nicosteyn

Create Virtual Camera

Post by nicosteyn »

Good day. I am not sure if I am asking the right question this way. I want to create a virtual camera. So I use the video feed from existing webcam.

I then overlay a timer or clock or label displaying the time on the left hand top of the video, and when I open a video streaming app like zoom, I want to be able to select another camera that I created using Rio 10.3 and the RVMedia components.

Will this work, if so is there a simple sample or demo available.

Baie Dankie,

Nico
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Create Virtual Camera

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The current version of RVMedia does not allow streaming in standard formats. It is planned in future versions, but I cannot tell when it will be completed.
Also, RVMedia cannot be used to implement a driver for a local virtual webcam. This feature is not even planned, sorry.

In RVMedia, you can modify video frames received from the camera (TRVCamera.OnGetImage event).
Or you can create video from your own video frames (TRVCamera.DeviceType = rvdtUserData, OnNewImage event; used to create a slide show in ClientServer\Lecture\ demo).
However, the resulting video cannot be streamed in standard format yet. The only possible applications of this video: displaying, recording to a video file, sending by TRVCamSender for receiving in TRVCamReceiver).