A few questions about RVMedia

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
hyj_rv

A few questions about RVMedia

Post by hyj_rv »

1.This service program source code or controls, a single service how many client program support ?
(rvmedia-compiled-demos\ClientServer\VideoChats\server.exe
)

2.Keyboard send remote desktop support ?

3.Remote desktop support via server (Intranet users, no public IP) ?

4.What type of camera support to move up and down or so control ?
hyj_rv

Post by hyj_rv »

another

5.The "Web camera" demo support via a browser view video, mobile phone and tablet browser can also?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1. This is a normal application, not a service.
This is a demo application using out TRVMediaServer component. This component does 99% of work, the demo only shows log and statistics.
There is no theoretical limit on the number of clients, on practice it depends on CPU and bandwidth. I suggest you to test it in your environment.
Please note that turning of displaying statistics and logs reduces CPU usage a lot.
There are still work planned for future, to make processes on the server in a more parallel way...

2. The components themselves allows only sending desktop as a video stream. They do not implement any kind of desktop control. As a demo, we implemented mouse commands, you can see how simple their implementation. Keyboard commands can be implemented in a similar way.

3. If clients know IP of the server, it can be implemented.
In our demo, DesktopControl app must know IP of RemoteDesktop app.
If you implement connection via a server (TRVMediaServer component), all clients (both providing desktop or controlling desktop) need to know IP of this server, IPs of clients are not important.

4. Currently - RVMedia supports movement in Axis and Foscam PTZ cameras

5. I am not sure that I understand this question. If you are asking about using RVMedia on mobile platforms - the current version does not support it, it supports only desktop Windows desktop applications, and only in VCL framework. We are currently working to support different platforms.

We have 3 major tasks for improving RVMedia in future:
- supporting different platforms on Lazarus and with FireMonkey
- adding support for movement and control of more camera models
- optimization (parallelization) of TRVMediaServer component
Last edited by Sergey Tkachenko on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
hyj_rv

Post by hyj_rv »

Thank you very much, I will download the trial version to try out .