Trying to connect to HIKVISION camera

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
opereyrag

Trying to connect to HIKVISION camera

Post by opereyrag »

I'm trying to connect to a HIKVISION camera, after many hours I'm still stuck, any suggestions?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Trying to connect to HIKVISION camera

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

How do you connect, by specifying video URL or by specifying CameraHost:CameraPort and searching for the camera?
opereyrag

Post by opereyrag »

I have tried both ways without any luck, I'm doing it remotely, trying to demonstrate a prototype using RVMedia. It is my first time connecting to a camera that uses H264 protocol. When I did it via Host the Searching Animation appears, and a status 1 was generated, when I tried via URL nothing happened. In both situations the camera IsVideoPlaying propertie is set to True even though there is no video visible.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Do you use FFmpeg or GStreamer, does this camera requires username and password?
If you call SearchCamera, is OnSearchComplete called? If yes, what's the value of Status parameter?
opereyrag

Post by opereyrag »

The camera has user and password, I Tried with FFmpeg too, the return status is 1.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Nonzero status means unsuccessful search.

Note that FFmpeg is required if to display H.264 videos from IP cameras.
While both GStreamer and FFmpeg can be used to display H.264 video streams (DeviceType = rvdtRTSP or rvdtHTTP), for IP cameras (DeviceType = rvdtIPCamera) FFmpeg must be available for the application.

1) Make sure that you use the newest RVMedia version, 7.3.3. It fixes several authentication errors in the previous versions.
2) Check if FFmpeg is really used by RVMedia (RVCamera.IsSupportedFFMPEG must return True)
3) For any case, assign LoginPrompt = True
4) If you search for H.264 stream, RVCamera.VideoFormat must be rvvfH264.
5) If you know the exact video URL, simply assign it to URL property and call PlayVideoStream, without searching.
opereyrag

Post by opereyrag »

After trying all your suggestions, there is still no video showing, even though now there is no Status message, the IsVideoPlaying property is True, the CamView shows this Title (rtsp://10.15.1.16/cam/realmonitor). I replaced al the FFMPEG dll with this ffmpeg-4.2.2-win32-shared that are the latest.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

If you can open this video for me, I'll try to connect and see what's wrong.
You can send a private information to me by email richviewgmailcom.
opereyrag

Post by opereyrag »

Found the problem in my codes. Thanks everything working perfect.