DevExpress VCL v19.1.2 and TRichView

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
rob-1982

DevExpress VCL v19.1.2 and TRichView

Post by rob-1982 »

I have a little question about TRichView and the DevExpress VCL components. I have a license for DevExpress VCL Verion 19.1.2.
Since I only use certain components of it and the DevExpress Installer always causing problems with me, I always install the components
manually (I made a copy of the source code and use it to install the components). Today I tried to install TRichView Trail on Delphi 10.4.2,
which actually worked without any problems. Unfortunately the installer didn't recognize my DevExpress components. If I buy the retail version of TRichView, can I still use my DevExpress components with TRichView or am I forced to use the DevExpress Installer?

Thanks for the help.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: DevExpress VCL v19.1.2 and TRichView

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

For the current version of TRichView, the minimum supported version of DevExpress VCL is v19.2.2 - Released on 04 Dec 2019.
Can you upgrade to this version?

Also, the DevExpress packages need to be compiled and available in Delphi 10.4.x:
For TRvDxSpellChecker: dxCoreRS27, cxLibraryRS27, dxGDIPlusRS27, dxSpellCheckerRS27, dclcxLibraryRS27, dcldxSpellCheckerRS27;
For other controls: dxCoreRS27, cxLibraryRS27, dxGDIPlusRS27, dclcxLibraryRS27, dxComnRS27, dxBarRS27, dxBarExtItemsRS27, dxRibbonRS27.

You can open the package <TRichView Dir>\ThirdParty\DevExpress\Source\cxRVEditorsD10_4.dproj and try to compile it manually in Delphi IDE.
rob-1982

Post by rob-1982 »

unfortunately we have canceled our contract. DevExpress VCL components are one of the best VCL components
available on the market. Unfortunately, the price is also quite high.

But I tried your tip and compiled "cxRVEditorsD10_4.dproj" manually and it worked without any problems.
If this also works without any problems in the TRichView Retail version, we'll very likely buy TRichView.

Thx for the help.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If it works in the trial, it must also work in the full version.
Compile cxRVEditorsD10_4.dproj.
Then compile and install cxRVEditorsD10_4_Dsgn.dproj