Spell Check With Drop Cap

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
standay

Spell Check With Drop Cap

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

I finally got a drop cap working using a TRVLabelItemInfo and some sample code in another post. My question is, how do I do a spell check with the drop cap involved? For instance, I have a para starting with the word "changes". It has the C as a drop cap now. It shows as misspelled as it does not have a "c" on the word anymore. When I use the popupmenu and select the right word, the regular text shows "changes" but the drop cap is still there so it looks like "Cchanges". I'm not sure of the approach to use to fix that.

BTW, I had this same problem with drop caps in the previous version of my app and I just ignored it which I can just do again with this version, but thought I'd ask in case there's a way to fix it in the rve.

Thanks for any ideas.

Stan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Spell Check With Drop Cap

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Unfortunately, the current version checks words in each item separately, so if some word belongs to several items (even text items, not even talking about label items), it cannot be checked as a whole.
I plan to fix it in future versions, but not soon, sorry.
standay

Re: Spell Check With Drop Cap

Post by standay »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:49 am Unfortunately, the current version checks words in each item separately...it cannot be checked as a whole.
Thanks Sergey, no problem. That's what I figured that was the case. I left my drop cap code in for now and I'll just ignore the spelling issue. I rarely use drop caps so it's not a big deal.

Stan