Post by softtouch »

I am getting the following error:

Exception Class: ERichViewError
Exception Message: Incorrect adding into undo list
Unit: RVUndo.pas
Class: TRVUndoList
Procedure: AddInfo
Line #: 603

I have 2 speedbuttons, one for undo, one for redo.
Both are assigned actions, rvactionundo and rvactionredo.
Most of the time, the buttons are switched on and off correctly, but sometimes not and if I click on the undo button, I get the error above.
There is no OnClick handler attached, just the actions. I am using the latest trichview and also the latest rvactions. I can also not trap it with try...except, because as I said, the rvundo action handle it.

Any suggestion?

The problem is, the rvundo action does not switch the button off from time to time, so the undo function called by the action tried to undo even there is nothing to undo.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

There was a bug in RichViewActions when inserting hyperlinks in tables (mismatched calls of SetUndoGroupMode).
Now (since September 18) it is fixed, please download a new version of RichViewActions.
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:There was a bug in RichViewActions when inserting hyperlinks in tables (mismatched calls of SetUndoGroupMode).
Now (since September 18) it is fixed, please download a new version of RichViewActions.
ITS STILL IN THE CURRENT VERSION. GOT AGAIN THE SAME ERROR:

Exception Class: ERichViewError
Exception Message: Incorrect adding into undo list
Unit: RVUndo.pas
Class: TRVUndoList
Procedure: AddInfo
Line #: 603

Please help, people are going crazy...
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

May be they still use older version of your application, compiled with older RichViewActions?

If not, please repeat undo logging.

Post by Guest »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:May be they still use older version of your application, compiled with older RichViewActions?

If not, please repeat undo logging.
I use the latest richviewactions and alto the latest trichview.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

There is ONLY ONE possible reason for this bug: mismatched calls of SetUndoGroupMode.
If you call this method, please recheck your code.

There is an undo logging mechanism embedded in TRichView.
Compile your application with RVDEBUGUNDO define
(for example, add {$DEFINE RVDEBUGUNDO} in RV_Defs.inc). Of course, source code version is required for this. All undo operations will be logged in "\undolog.txt" file. When the exception will occur, send this file to me.
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:There is ONLY ONE possible reason for this bug: mismatched calls of SetUndoGroupMode.
If you call this method, please recheck your code.

There is an undo logging mechanism embedded in TRichView.
Compile your application with RVDEBUGUNDO define
(for example, add {$DEFINE RVDEBUGUNDO} in RV_Defs.inc). Of course, source code version is required for this. All undo operations will be logged in "\undolog.txt" file. When the exception will occur, send this file to me.
I am not calling any undo method at all. I am using the actions for undo/redo.

I had added the {$DEFINE RVDEBUGUNDO}, recompiled the component and my app, but it does not create any undolog.txt.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

It's not necessary to call Undo or Redo - any editing operation is recorded in the undo buffer, and all of them should be written in the log (undolog.txt in the root directory of the disk of the application).

Which exactly version of TRichView do you use? (must be written at design time on the components).
Which exactly version of RichViewActions do you use? (must be written in history.txt).

Post by Guest »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:It's not necessary to call Undo or Redo - any editing operation is recorded in the undo buffer, and all of them should be written in the log (undolog.txt in the root directory of the disk of the application).

Which exactly version of TRichView do you use? (must be written at design time on the components).
Which exactly version of RichViewActions do you use? (must be written in history.txt).
Richviewactions are 1.48 (as written in history), TRichview = 1.9.15

As I said, I am NOT calling undo/redo. I have 2 buttons, one for undo, one for redo, which have undo and redo actions assigned. The buttons switch on/off most of the time correctly, but sometimes, the button is still enabled even the undobuffer is empty. So a user click on the undo button and the action will just produce this error I had posted.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

This bug is fixed in RichViewActions v1.49. Download them from the same location.

Undo logging is implemented in TRichView v1.9.16
(see the alternative link to downloading in the registration e-mail, or request access to the private section of this forum).
softtouch

Post by softtouch »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:This bug is fixed in RichViewActions v1.49. Download them from the same location.

Undo logging is implemented in TRichView v1.9.16
(see the alternative link to downloading in the registration e-mail, or request access to the private section of this forum).
If I download from the link in the registration email, its still 1.9.15.1, not 1.9.16
I can not access the newsgroups because no new reader installed...
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

There are two links in the registration e-mail: to the latest stable version and to the latest beta version. Actually, the current beta can be considered stable and soon it will replace the stable version.

The protected section for registered user is in this forum, it's not a newsgroup any more.
Please send me (in private message or e-mail details of your registration (for example, e-mail address which was used in the order for TRichView), and I'll open access to the protected section)

In any case, the bug was in RichViewActions, not in TRichView, and they can be downloaded freely.