Unexpected Scroll when Typing After Picture or Protected Itm

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Michel

Unexpected Scroll when Typing After Picture or Protected Itm

Post by Michel »

Hi Sergey,

This is something rather strange, so I am hoping you can easily reproduce it on your side (or that it is already fixed).
What's really bugging me is that I was never able to reproduce it with your RVActionTest or the RVEdit demo (your pre-built versions). Anyway, here goes...

Summary: Typing the first letter after either a picture or an item with the rvprDoNotAutoSwitch protection makes the line containing the cursor jump to the bottom of the window.

Reproduction Steps:
A) Create the simplest project imaginable: in a new project, place a TRichViewEdit and a TRVStyle on the form, hook them up, build. Not a single property changed from its design-time default.
B) Paste (or type) enough text into the editor to have at least 3 window heights worth of text - this is simply to have enough scrolling range.
C) Scroll to the middle of the document.
D) Drag a bitmap (~16x16) from Windows Explorer and drop it at the end of any line of text in the middle of the Editor (alternative: paste a picture that you cut from someplace else, e.g., RVActionTest).
E) Type any letter while the cursor is sitting right after the picture (and while there's no text after it on that line). At this point in time, this line jumps to the bottom.

In the step 'D' above, insertion of a picture can be replaced by insertion of a text item with the rvprDoNotAutoSwitch protection. It's just easier to reproduce with a picture.
Step 'E' (i.e., the problem) can be repeated by deleting the character typed and re-typing it.
I'm using TRichView version 1.9 and BCB6.

Any ideas? Thanks,

Michel
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I cannot reproduce this problem, so I believe it was fixed in newer versions.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Excellent! Thanks, Sergey.