Pieter E.

Re: Future versions

Post by Pieter E. » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 am

Thank you for the update! :D

TW

Post by TW » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Pieter, do you want ARC?
Recently, Embarcadero announced to disable ARC also for mobile platforms in the future.

Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking. By ARC you mean 'Automatic Reference Counting'? I'm not familiar with 'Automatic Reference Counting'. At the moment I don't develop applications using FireMonkey. (Only native using Objective-C by XCode (Mac OS and iOS) and Java by Android Studio) If Embarcadero decides to drop functionalities there is a good reason for this decision? If so, I'll adapt my development process.

I'm not sure if Delphi is similar to C++ in this matter but I'm a C++ developer. You are referencing to this blog? http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2018-oc ... tions.html

TW

Post by TW » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. But now I know you don't have this need. Their latest decision will make further developments easier (more shareable code) :)

Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 am

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 am
FireMonkey will be started when Lazarus port will be finished.
Currently, TRichView and RichViewActions have been ported and uploaded. ScaleRichView is ported by 90%. We still need to finish SRVControls and Report Workshop. I think it will take at least one month.
In background, we are porting RVMedia to FireMonkey, I and believe it will be ported sooner than TRichView.
Can you tell us more about the current progress? Is there already some development on porting TRichView to FireMonkey?

Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Unfortunately, TRichView porting was paused. We are still working to implement the proper support of high dpi mode and "per monitor v2". It's much more complex work than I expected initially.
When it will be completed, we will resume porting to Lazarus (SRVControls and Report Workshop need to be ported) and then to FireMonkey for Windows.

As for RVMedia, FireMonkey version for Windows is expected soon, in this May.

Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:35 am

Thank you for you update. I understand porting for FireMonkey takes a lot of time and effort. Good luck on development. :)