spellchecking words over more items

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
tmMK

spellchecking words over more items

Post by tmMK »

Hi,

i need to spellcheck word over more than one item. For example, if the word is partially bolded, TCustomRichView.OnSpellingCheck event returns this word divided to parts. So correct words becomes partially red underlined. The same problem is in addict3speller for TRichViewEdit which is trying to correct parts of words which are divided by itemNo...

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

It's not easy to solve. Planned for quite distant future.

Post by Guest »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:It's not easy to solve. Planned for quite distant future.
I know it, i've tried to find out how to do it. I think i can do it for addict dictionaries with little help. But in richview i'm not sure. There's some thread which is browsing the richview and calling the event for spellchecking. Do you have any tips - which places should i have focus on? Any important clasess which i have to use for it? What about little adjusting the ad3RichView.pas and TRichViewParser3 and TRVSerializer in RVSer.pas - addict is using it...

thanks!
tmMK

Post by tmMK »

sorry, it was me... forgot to login :oops:
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Yes, for a traditional spell checking (with dialog), ad3RichView.pas should be modified (TRVSerializer does work similar to functions from RVLinear.pas, less convenient but more efficient; I believe it's not necessary to modify it).

Live spelling is implemented in RVThread.pas. Its implementation is independent from the implementation of traditional spell checking.