rvActionPrintPreview problem

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
PeterPanino

rvActionPrintPreview problem

Post by PeterPanino »

Hi!

I have a RichViewEdit, rvActionPrintPreview, rvActionPrint, rvActionPageSetup, RVAControlPanel, RVPrint.

rvActionPrintPreview.ActionPageSetup is linked to rvActionPageSetup.

rvActionPrintPreview.ActionPrint is linked to rvActionPrint.

RVAControlPanel.RVPrint is linked to RVPrint.

1. I execute rvActionPrintPreview (with a menu item linked to this action): The Print Preview window appears.

2. In the Print Preview window, I click the Page Setup button: The Page Setup dialog appears.

3. In the Page Setup dialog, I change some settings: Orientation, Margins, etc.

4. I close the Page Setup dialog with the OK button: The settings previously changed in the Page Setup dialog are NOT applied to the Print Preview!! WHY??

5. I close the Print Preview window with the Close button, then I reopen the Print Preview window: Only now the previously changed settings are applied to the Print Preview!

Summary: I would expect the Page Setup settings changed inside the Page Preview window being applied to the Print Preview. So how can I make this work?
PeterPanino

Post by PeterPanino »

I've discovered that when I close the Page Setup dialog with the OK button, the rvActionPageSetupChange event is triggered.

So how can I update the Print Preview in the rvActionPageSetupChange event-handler?
PeterPanino

SOLVED: rvActionPrintPreview problem

Post by PeterPanino »

Solution: Do NOT link rvActionPrintPreview.ActionPageSetup to rvActionPageSetup!

It seems that only when PrintPreview creates an internal temporary Page Setup dialog, this will automatically update the Print Preview when the Page Setup dialog closes with OK.

Sergey, is this correct?