These days we easily find ourselves overloaded with everyday carry (EDC) tools. Our backpacks are sometimes bulging at the seams with countless gadgets, pliers, screwdrivers, bottle openers, scissors, and other cutting tools. If the space in your backpack pocket is a high priority on your list, you will agree that a product is simply not good enough if it only works for its intended purpose – it has to be designed well and should save as much space in your pocket as possible.
❀❀❀ Important Site: Best Rated Pocket Knife - Good Quality Pocket Knives
When it comes to pocket knives in the past few years, we can observe a significant trend towards small sized knives. There are various explanations for this. The primary reason behind it is that some knives are illegal in some states due to the length limit –knife legislation varies from state to state and we will try not to go into details about this subject.
Another reason might be the charisma and utility that small knives have over the heavy-duty intimidating ones. They’re also a lot easier to use in a lot of situations, when accuracy and precision is put before strength and chopping power. So, without further ado, we present you a list of 4 best men’s small pocket knives.
1. Al Mar Hawk Ultralight
If you’re looking for something different and surprisingly light, the Hawk could just be the ticket. This is arguably the best lightweight pocket knife today. With this exceptional and small knife, you could consider it as a companion to carry anywhere from a convenience store to formal events. The Ultralight series of Al Mar undefeated in the featherweight EDC game. The blade-weight ratio is 2.75 and certainly superior compared to present-day folding knives. With a 3.25-inch handle, 2.8 inches of blade length and an overall length of 6 inches, the Hawk could just be the lightest cutting tool you have handled, weighing just below an ounce. This is the knife that you will probably forget that you are carrying. That’s some next level of lightness of a real knife, made with real steel, which has a real lock.
- Thanks to its material, the Hawk is stainless-steel and particularly easy to sharpen
- Stainless steel lock back bar, the handle feels solid and secure.
- The handles are contoured linen Micarta, which is smooth and not slippery, providing a pleasant feel
- A Japanese knife, hand finished, very well built, made from Japanese steel under special conditions.
- Excellent for light EDC tasks normally done with a gentleman’s folder or dress knife
- Discrete, stylish, inconspicuous and people-friendly
- Non-liner Micarta handle is vulnerable to moisture intrusion
- The lock is not particularly strong
Spyderco Delica is one of Spyderco’s best-selling models. The Delica helped start the Spyderco phenomenon in 1990 and it has stood the test of time for the last 20 years. The explanation behind this is the marvelous design – simple but effective. It can manage most common tasks required of an EDC (opening packages, cutting fruit, removing a splinter, sharpening pencils, slicing irrigation flex-pipe, etc.).
The blade is exceptionally sharp out of the package and the grips and clip seem to be durable. It is light, comfortable and big enough to handle most serious tasks without being too intimidating and worrying to none-knife-people. The folded knife pretty much disappears in your pocket. Many knife nuts swear on their lives that Delica is Best Pocket Knives Reviews of all time
- The VG 10 Steel is very easy to sharpen, super rust resistant and holds an edge for an insane amount of time.
- PLAINEDGE – Which means strong and steady pressure. The knife cuts cleanly and serves a much wider purpose for EDC, outdoor and tactical operations
- Light eight, sharp, effortless to re-sharpen, easy to carry and easy to open with one hand.
- It's the perfect size, with a grip that fits perfectly in any hand, with a blade not too long or too short (2.875 inches total)
- The closing action requires two movements instead of one smooth motion and it’s hard to close the blade with one hand
- The optional black coating on the blade gets scratched quickly
- Spyderco offers multiple handle colors, but the colors do change from year to year.
Do you live by a city with a 2.5’’ locking blade limit and you’re looking for a compact, small bladed knife to fit into your EDC rotation? The CRKT Squid just may be the one that you’re looking for. It is a full-function knife which is both compact and truly affordable. With the exact blade length of 2.156 inches, it’s believed to be one of the best 2-inch knives till date. Don’t let the size of the blade deceive you. This tactically-inspired blade is fully capable of taking on your hardest cutting challenges.
- Blade material: 8Cr13MoV steel, similar to some of the much more expensive knives.
- Excellent construction with a decent blade
- Smaller than most EDC knives with a closed length of 3.5 inches.
- The frame lock is easily accessed and operates smoothly
- The shortest knife that has a pocket clip, thus valuable for pocket space.
- Hard to disassemble
- Quite heavy for its size and the balance isn’t very great
- Too slim and doesn’t in fit big hands very well
With respect to all-round functionality, you will have a hard time finding something better than the Griptilian. The Mini Griptilian is a compact version of Benchmade’s most extraordinary design. If you’re familiar with the brand, you might consider it as the best small single blade pocket knife. We understand the reason for that. It is of unbelievable quality. Moreover, this small EDC knife is perfect for someone who desires limitless applications, yet doesn’t want to draw unwanted attention while using the tool.
- American-made with a lifetime warranty
- The 0.100-inch thick drop-point blade helps the Mini Griptilian pierce, slice and process objects effortlessly
- 154 centimeters stainless steel blade - excellent edge retention and corrosion resistance
- Light-as-feathers Grivory handles, also less vulnerable to scratches, chemical substances or physical damage.
- Dual steel liners with an insanely strong lock, ultra-tough and built for everyday use
- Not very "flickable"
- Not very sharp out-of-box
- Some people would prefer a slimmer handle
➾➾➾ Visit This Site: Best Rated Pocket Knife - Top Pocket knife in the World
─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ – ─ ҉ –
We hope you found our list of the best small user pocket knives for everyday carry useful. With this guide, you should have a solid starting point for choosing a suitable EDC knife. There are various aspects worth considering before buying a pocket knife and they apply differently for the intended purposes and the user, thus careful research will lead to a satisfied purchase. We always appreciate your feedback so don’t hesitate to give us some honest opinions.