RVMedia v6.1 vs ffmpeg 4.x 64bits

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
panlab_mf

RVMedia v6.1 vs ffmpeg 4.x 64bits

Post by panlab_mf »

Hi all,

I'm testing the RVMediaDemosX7Plus in win64 platform. But it crash we run the "ffmpeg" demo because the ffmpeg version that I already have for others projects is v4.1.

It works for win32, but it seems the header has changed so it raises an exception when try to access the av_xxx routines.

I've tested all the version that I have (4.0; 4.0.1; 4.0.2; 4.1) both win32 and win64. The funny thing is that it works in win32 but it crashes in win64.

The only version that works on both platforms is 3.4.2. But as I told I have to use v4.1 becouse other projects that I'm working on has already upgraded to this version.

Is there a chance to upgraded the RVMedia trial in order to be able to use the ffmpeg 4.1 for win64?

Thanks in advance.

A hopeful user,

Manel Fuentes
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RVMedia v6.1 vs ffmpeg 4.x 64bits

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

In FFmpeg, incompatible changes in API are added only after a major update (from version 3.x to 4.x).
API for all 4.x versions must be compatible. So, if we made an error in header translation, it should affect all 4.x version.

We will try to find what's wrong with 64 bit, but it may take some time.
panlab_mf

Post by panlab_mf »

Ok.

What I can see is that the AV is internal, by means, if I debug deeper using the CPU Debug window, the AV raises after many code is running in the avformat-58.dll.

My guess is because the AVContextFormat for 4.x is partially translated.

the fast way to repodruce it is compiling the "ffmpeg" demo for win64 and putting the dll's we want to check in the output folder of the demo exe.

Hope we can fix this soon.

Best regards.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

We found the bug. As I can see you are a registered user of RVMedia. I can send fixed pas-files by email. Is it ok to use the email address specified in you forum profile?
panlab_mf

Post by panlab_mf »

Greate. Nice work, guys!

Yes, please! You can send the fixed source files to the email address specified in my forum profile.

Best regards.