Problem about paste image

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
wolf1860

Problem about paste image

Post by wolf1860 »

TRichViewEdit works with TDxRichEditControl(Devexpress vcl): TDxRichEditControl open an docx file,I copied an image to the clipboard which displayed in the TdxRichEditControl,and I can paste it to the word,the writing board(windows 10),but I can not paste it to the TRichViewEdit(Ctrl+V/Standard RVAction),TRichViewEdit displayed nothing. When I pasted the image to the writing board,I select the image in the writing board,press Ctrl+C,return back to the TRichViewEdit,Ctrl+V,It worked! Any idea? Thank u!
wolf1860

Re: Problem about paste image

Post by wolf1860 »

I have posted the test docx file to ur gmail.Thanks again:)
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

After copying an image from dxRichEditControl, the only format available in the Clipboard is RTF.
So this editor copies a document fragment containing the image as RTF, including its alignment option.
Unfortunately, as I can see, dxRichEditControl supports only floating images, while our editor supports only non-floating images. It ignores floated images in RTF.
So, unfortunately, I do not know how to paste images from dxRichEditControl to TRichViewEdit.
There is no problem copying images from MS Word to RichViewEdit, because MS Word also provides images in different formats that can be pasted by RichViewEdit.
In future, we plan to support floating images, but not soon, sorry.
wolf1860

Post by wolf1860 »

Thank u!
I found the image which copied from web to tdxRicheditControl can be pasted to TRichViewEdit,the difference is floating and non-floating?
Look,I Just want to paste the image from the clipboard,and I don't care its alignment options,Can u give me some suggestions? This is very very important for me ,I need analyze and import word document content.
wolf1860

Post by wolf1860 »

And I noticed when TRichViewEdit open the rtf file which is saved by TDxRichEditControl,The TRichViewEdit convert the floating images to non floating images,May I do this action when paste floating image?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If TRichView can read these images, they were saved differently.
Actually, it is not too difficult to read floating pictures as non-floating, may be it will be implemented before the complete implementation of floating images. However, at this time we have work with higher priority, sorry.