RichView Editor option is not visible

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jeekanhaiya6

RichView Editor option is not visible

Post by jeekanhaiya6 »

Hello,
I want to use RichViewEditor in my delphi application where I can assign value of a field of database. So I am using DBRichViewEditor.
But there is no any wyswyg option is showing.
How can I use RichView.
I am creating VCL application on delphi berlin.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RichView Editor option is not visible

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Like in any VCL DB components, TDBRichViewEdit has DataSource and DataField property.
Like in any VCL DB components, at design time, Object Inspector shows a list of available field to assign to DataField property, if DataSource is active. Otherwise, you need just to type the proper field name.
jeekanhaiya6

Post by jeekanhaiya6 »

yes, that's what I am doing. But I am not getting options to change the style of font. Not any option to bold or italic the font. How can I get that?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

As I understand, you created a project with TDBRichViewEdit linked to some BLOB field, and now you can edit documents. And you want to implement commands for changing text and paragraph attributes.

The editor itself does not include toolbars and menus with these commands. There are two options to implement them.

1) Manually: add buttons, implement commands. The example is here: https://www.trichview.com/support/files/dbeditdemo.zip
2) Using RichViewActions. You add buttons and link them with actions, they do all the work.
The demo is here: https://www.trichview.com/forums/viewto ... f=3&t=9120
It was created to show how to use common "real styles" in all documents of a database, but it can be used as a sample of DB editor based on RichViewActions.