Image printing

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
creationgo

Image printing

Post by creationgo »

Sometimes when I print image from richViewActions example, I have only a black zone on paper instead image.
Thanks
Stef

Post by Stef »

I'm struggling already a long time with this problem,
and it just happens on some printers with some drivers,
not often, but frequently enough to say that's a weird bug.

Sergey,
I came along this message in a newsgroup

http://www.scalabium.com/faq/dct0090.htm

could that have anything todo with this problem ?

cheers,
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

A real code used in TRichView is more complicated, based on this article:
http://community.borland.com/article/0, ... 11,00.html

creationgo, if you have older version of TRichView, please upgrade.
Otherwise, I can only suggest to upgrade your printer driver or turn off printing optimization (or play with the printer driver options for printing images)
Stef

Post by Stef »

I see,
it was just a try, maybe it had given you a hint.

Maybe a new hint:
On those printer/printerdrivers where the problems occure,
some other strange phenomena happens continously:
colored text is not printed

has that something to do with the black or missing images,
or is that a totally other problem ?

cheers,
Byron Short

Post by Byron Short »

We have been wrestling with this a LOT, but we are on an older version (1.8.something). If a newer version fixes it, I'd SURE like to know!

The symptoms are inconsistent--some of our systems have the problem almost every day, and sometimes at rates as high as 40% of the same document will have the black box instead of the graphic image. Reprinting the bad documents will result in another set of random results, maybe another 40% bad again. This goes on until you get all successfully printed. On other systems, the problem never seems to occur.

It's easy for me to believe that this is a problem with the printer driver, but we have it with a variety of drivers that are well known drivers. We are using HP 4000, 4100, and 4200 printers, and have run all of them using different drivers, although we are really setup around the 4100 driver.

I've also been able to find some limited documentation of the problem on HP's website, but they always give some lame answer that we've already tried. It apparently occurs in some other programs (likely not written with TRichView, but then, who knows?) but it has never occurred in Word even when we print the same stack of letters with the same image in the same place.

My feeling is that it's a sneaky driver problem that is set off by something in TRichView, but also by something in other people's programs. Unfortunately, it's just too inconsistent to be easy to trap, and yet too consistent to be ignored!

Anyone with help on this would be my favorite person for the whole next week...maybe more!

--Byron
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Yes, picture printing code was changed since v1.8
Byron Short

Yep, that got it!

Post by Byron Short »

Sergey,

THANK YOU for the black box fix! As you said, version 1.9.24 covers the problem perfectly. We had some offices that experienced a 40% failure rate on printing graphics, while others never saw the problem at all. My understanding (after a lot of research about the problem) was that it was due to the internal change to device-independent bitmaps, and something not working right on systems where the driver for the display was unhappy. Whatever it was, it was extremely frustrating because it was inconsistent, and we couldn't reproduce the problem here in my office at all. But the latest version of the program makes the entire problem disappear for all of my offices.

Again, THANK YOU!

--Byron