RVMedia v7 - Recording Multiple local network cameras

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
panlab_mf

RVMedia v7 - Recording Multiple local network cameras

Post by panlab_mf »

Hi all,

I'm having trouble recording several network cameras on h264 using rvmedia v7 with ffmpeg 4.2.
The CPU consumption quickly reaches 100% and the quality of the recorded video is very low (loss of frames, blocking, etc.).

I use a TRVCamera conected to a TRVCamRecorder for each local network camera and the OnGetImage event to perform my own preview on a TPanel's canvas. I've tried to bypass the preview, but the usage of the CPU doesn't seems to reduces.

Is there any way to improve the overall performance of the RMedia components to solve this?

My PC test is a i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz, Win 10 Pro x64, 16 GB that I thought it was good enough.

Thanks,
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RVMedia v7 - Recording Multiple local network cameras

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

What version of RVMedia exactly?
There are important optimizations in v7.1.1 related to FFmpeg.
panlab_mf

Post by panlab_mf »

It is RVMedia v7.1.1.

Is there any special configuration for the TRVCamRecorder in order to achive better results?

I read that we can dump the streaming directly to a file using a special codec called "vcopy". Is this possible using TRVCamRecorder?

Thanks,
panlab_mf

Post by panlab_mf »

Hi all,

Continuing with the topic of improving the recording performance of multiple network cameras. Is there a way to setup the "-preset ultrafast" h264 codec option when using the TRVCamRecorder?

Thanks,
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

RVMedia cannot write frames to files as they are; it decodes the source video, then encodes it.
Currently, RVMedia does not support codec-specific options, but we will consider adding H.264 -preset.

What's the value of RVCamRecorder.VideoFramePerSec? Maybe it is unnecessary large.
panlab_mf

Post by panlab_mf »

Hi Sergey,

Currently, we use the same frame size/frame rate as the rtsp live streaming, that actually is h264 (1920x1080) at 25 FPS.

Regards,