adit math

ScaleRichView support and discussion (TRichView add-on for WYSIWYG editing)
fara2000

adit math

Post by fara2000 »

Hello
I wanted to ask for a brief explanation how to use Adit math with richview for them moment I still use the component aforded by richviewedit...
I downloaded the trial version of adit math but still not knowing how to impement in my richview...
Before I purchase the registered version of adit math I wanted to be sure I can benefit from it with my richview component
Please could you help?
Thanks in advance
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: adit math

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

TRichView supports both free version of Adit Math Engine (included in TRichView) and the commercial version of AME.

When AME is installed, re-run TRichView setup, it should compile package for its integration.
Then, to use commercial version of AME, remove RVBasicMathWrapper from "uses" of your form, and add RVAdvMathWrapper instead.
After that the math item in TRichView will use the commercial version of AME instead of the free version.

You can insert an equation in document by creating TRVMathItemInfo and use AddItem/InsertItem method.
In RichViewActions, you can use "Insert | Equation" command (TrvActionInsertEquation, and edit it using "Object properties" command (like for any other item type).

However, currently new features of commercial AME are not supported. Only features common with the free and the commercial version are supported.
Commercial AME can provide WYSIWYG editing of equation and import/export as an equation in HTML/RTF/DocX, but it is not supported by TRichView yet (it import/export equations as images).
So the only advantage of using the commercial version of AME is extended syntax (unless you implement UI for equation editing yourself).
fara2000

Re: adit math

Post by fara2000 »

Thank you for your reply.