Max number of USB webcams at the same time

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
Gacit

Max number of USB webcams at the same time

Post by Gacit »

Hi everyone, I connected 4 Trust USB webcams to my laptop and I'm trying to show them inside a CamMultiView component. I started from the WebCamMulti demo example.

The problem is that I can get just 3 USB webcams working at the same time. The webcams are all working, I can see each of them inside the CamMultiView, but only 3 simultaneously. The only way to see 4 webcams at the same time was to use che laptop integrated webcam and 3 external USB webcam.

I tried to turn them on in a different order and position, I tried to use others USB webcams (with lower resoluion than the integrated one), I tried to change some properties and use the lowest resolution, but only 3 external USB webcams are working.

Where may be the problem? Is there a performance limit, a webcams number limit or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks everyone in advance
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Max number of USB webcams at the same time

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

RVMedia does not have a limit on the count of local web cameras.
Can some other software show video from 4 cameras?
Gacit

Re: Max number of USB webcams at the same time

Post by Gacit »

Thanks for the answer. I tried some softwares i found online but they all allow me to use a maximum of 2 webcams in their free versions. If you know one I can use and test for free let me know, thank you!