Installation of Demoversion failed, Delphi 10.4.2, x86

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
a.weber

Installation of Demoversion failed, Delphi 10.4.2, x86

Post by a.weber »

Hello,
I haved tried to install the demo again - but there are still missing files - for Delphi 10.4. x86 - it seem that after installation the complete x86 .dcu's for 10.4. are missing - and the folder of 10.4 has an other structure that for 10.3 / 11 ? where the files are there.
RichView-demoinstaller.png
RichView-demoinstaller.png (169.91 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
As you can see there is a Delphi32 Folder but there are only some .dfm & .res files no dcu's -- for the other Delphi Version the x86 dcu's are place directly by the package files. In the case of the 10.4 - there are no dcu's evailable - not only the RVGifAnimate2007.dcu which is in the installer error message.
RichView-demoinstaller2.png
RichView-demoinstaller2.png (30.82 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
with best regards
A. Weber
a.weber

Re: Installation of Demoversion failed, Delphi 10.4.2, x86

Post by a.weber »

One more -- durring Installation the files are there - they will be deleted durring execution of "IDEInstall.exe" this also created the Delphi32 folder?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

This is very strange.

This behavior (deleting DCU files and creating "Delphi32" subfolder for placing new DCU files) must be ONLY if the option for using precompiled files instead of the source files is chosen.
But this option is available only for installing the source code version!
By default, the installer of the FULL SOURCE CODE version adds the path to source code files in Delphi library path, and DCU files are created in this folder as well.
If this option is active, the installer of the full source code version adds the path to "Delphi32" subfolder to Delphi library paths, and creates DCU in this subfolder. For any case, it deletes all DCU files in the source code folder.

But this option cannot be used for the trial version. And I do not understand how it could be turned on in the trial installer.
There are the following ways to turn it on:
1) The options dialog. But the "Options..." button must not be visible if the installer contains at least one trial package.
2) This option is read from the Registry, HKCU\SOFTWARE\TRichView\Install\VCLTrial\PathToSrcWin32 (if this value exist; it may be written on the previous run of the installer.

Can you check the value of HKCU\SOFTWARE\TRichView\Install\VCLTrial\PathToSrcWin32 in Registry?
a.weber

Post by a.weber »

Can you check the value of HKCU\SOFTWARE\TRichView\Install\VCLTrial\PathToSrcWin32 in Registry?
is there as dword with the value 0 ?
(attached the content of the registry key)
Attachments
trichview_registry.txt
(654 Bytes) Downloaded 291 times
a.weber

Post by a.weber »

Finally I got it -- I removed the install using uninstall, removed the registry key --- AND I did install to another harddrive not c:\components may be there is an issue with access rights?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

This value must be 1. I do not understand how it could be 0 :(
Because the installer of the trial version must not allow to change this option.