Access violation in merged rvf after upgrading from 19 to 20

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jimmaguire

Access violation in merged rvf after upgrading from 19 to 20

Post by jimmaguire »

This might be a duplicate post.

after upgrading from 19 to 20 my RVF editor gets an access violation when I click anywhere in the toolbar or doc. My editor was derived from ActionTest years ago. It doesn't happen in all merged docs but does every time when the attached F027_MergedDoc.rvf is opened. This doc was created via a data merge with the attached F027SALESORDER.rvf.

Here's where the violation takes place:

022C30BF 01EC30BF 00000000 wfm.exe 00400000 RVTable.pas RVTable TRVTableItemInfo CreateInplace 11694 102

You're Action Test opens it fine with no issues.

Opening the same doc in my app with Richview version 19+ has no issues. I had some of my users downgrade so they can continue to work.

I've attached the RVF before and after the merge, hoping you can spot something.

I've also attached a snippet of the call stack.
Attachments
FEE_JobM67959.png
FEE_JobM67959.png (77 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
FEE_BugEditingMergedDoc.png
FEE_BugEditingMergedDoc.png (99.65 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Callstack.png
Callstack.png (127.76 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Access violation in merged rvf after upgrading from 19 to 20

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Hello,

The fist thing to check - events. While I cannot see events in the stack, probably they were called before.
Clear all event handlers for TRichViewEdit and TRVStyle and check if the error still exist.

Also, make sure that you use the latest version, 20.0.2.

PS: I answered to your email. If you did not receive my answer, please check "spam" folder.
jimmaguire

Re: Access violation in merged rvf after upgrading from 19 to 20

Post by jimmaguire »

I think I found the issue. I use DevExpress and it looks like there was a change to the spell interface. I looked at your Demos/Spell/Plain for guidance, removed refs to RVADXSpellInterface and it seems to work. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the error even before making this change.

Thanks for your help!