RichViewEdit.SearchText(textstr, [rvseoMultiItem, rvseoDown]) -- not ignoring footnote number

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jgkoehn

RichViewEdit.SearchText(textstr, [rvseoMultiItem, rvseoDown]) -- not ignoring footnote number

Post by jgkoehn »

I am using
RichViewEdit.SearchText(textstr, [rvseoMultiItem, rvseoDown])
To search for a string such as.
an indeclinable title (2:13), a quotation (1:5; 17:5), or simply as imitating the LXX usage (1:5; 17:4). It seems that he used this to emphasize the word in the nominative, for his audience would certainly take note of such a construction
But there is a footnote number in it which doesn't copy out which is fine.
an indeclinable title (2:13), a quotation (1:5; 17:5),FOOTNOTE215 or simply as imitating the LXX usage (1:5; 17:4). It seems that he used this to emphasize the word in the nominative, for his audience would certainly take note of such a construction
Is there way in searching to ignore these footnotes? so that the search happens correctly. Right now it just gives a False Boolean on the match.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RichViewEdit.SearchText(textstr, [rvseoMultiItem, rvseoDown]) -- not ignoring footnote number

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Currently, any non-text item (except for TAB) separates search. I.e. SearchText never returns results that include a non text item (other than TAB).
It does not matter if this is a footnote, a picture, or an item of another type.

SearchText does not search inside "label" items (including items inherited from "label", such as footnotes), because even if it finds a substring in it, it cannot select it ("labels" can be selected only completely).

I can consider adding an option, but what should this option be like?
jgkoehn

Re: RichViewEdit.SearchText(textstr, [rvseoMultiItem, rvseoDown]) -- not ignoring footnote number

Post by jgkoehn »

Greetings Sergey,
I see what you mean and I have flagged the user to warn them they are selecting text including a footnote. Perhaps an option to ignore items like a footnote, picture when searching? Much like it does when you do GetSelText.
What do you think?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Ok, I can add it in one of future updates.
By the way, if you try to search in MS Word, you will see the same: a text fragment containing a footnote cannot be found by searching.
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

Ah ok, that is good to know. I appreciate Trichview especially thank you for working with me so often sir and helping me out.