Table Background Image

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
standay

Table Background Image

Post by standay »

Hi Sergey,

Second table question. If I insert a background image into a table with 1 col and 1 row, it looks good there, but if I print preview it, it looks really bad. See screenshot below. Is this something I can fix with some setting?

Some images are better than others. PNGs work pretty well, while JPGs vary a lot (well, in the print preview they vary, in the rve they look as expected).

Thanks

Stan

Image48.png
Image48.png (232.15 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Table Background Image

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

A preview of background pictures will be improved in the next update.
standay

Post by standay »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:02 am A preview of background pictures will be improved in the next update.
Thanks Sergey, that would be great.

FYI, even if the preview looks odd, it still prints OK.

Stan
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The printing procedure uses a special image printing code, because the standard on-screen way of drawing pictures does not work for most printers.
The problem was: the same procedure was used when displaying preview of textured backgrounds, and it may produce very low-quality scaling.

In the next update:
- previews will use standard on-screen way of drawing pictures, not only for image objects, but for textured backgrounds too
- scaling quality when printing will be improved (although, as you noticed, even in the current version printing looks ok)