RV Editor's Top panel is getting transparent on higher resolution making it unable to close the editor

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jeekanhaiya6

RV Editor's Top panel is getting transparent on higher resolution making it unable to close the editor

Post by jeekanhaiya6 »

Hello team,
Some weird stuff is happening with RV editor in our application. The top panel which contains close restore and minimize button is getting transparent on higher resolution (3200x1800) while it is running fine on 1366x768 resolution.
Please let me know why this is happening and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks!
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: RV Editor's Top panel is getting transparent on higher resolution making it unable to close the editor

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

As far as I understand, this is the same question as on Facebook.
The problem is in using TRibbon. This is an obsolete component, it does not support HighDPI display modes.
The problem is not in the resolution (screen with x screen height), but in DPI, the count of pixels in one logical inch.
TRibbon supports only 96 DPI (in Windows display properties, it corresponds to "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" = "100%").
At higher DPI, it has problems.

If you still want to use TRibbon, you need to turn off DPI awareness in your application.
For example, in Delphi 11, open the project options, go to the page "Application | Manifest", and select "DPI Awareness" = "Unaware".
At HighDPI modes, the application will still work as at 96 DPI (the application window will be stretched and will look blurred).

Better solutions:
1) Using some third-party ribbon or toolbar component that supports HighDPI
2) If you use Delphi 10.3, 10.4, or 11, you can use TToolbar. See the demo <TRichView Dir>\RichViewActions\Demos\DelphiUnicode\ActionTest_MultiRes\
It works correctly at any DPI value.