Using RvMedia "like zoom application"

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
fara2000

Using RvMedia "like zoom application"

Post by fara2000 »

Hello sergey
Iam planning to implement the RvMedia in my project. before I begin to do so, I would like you to give me some directive Tips on how I should proceedd. That will save me a considerable amount of time. Here is a brief description of my project in what concerns the use of Tvmedia:
1. My project use intencively RivhView componts.
2. My project uses a server from TcpServer/Client from "indy", so I can establish a communication between douzens of users onLine. every thing goes
perfect including writing Chat between users.
3. what I really need now, is to add video chat. some thing like what is afforded by the famous "Zoom" application.
4. So every user when connected to his own camera can be seen and heard by all active users. I looked into the manuel you sent, I am afraid to choose
unconvienient option which might cause trouble... Please Help!
Tanks a lot
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Using RvMedia "like zoom application"

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

The demos that use a client-server architecture are in Demos\Delphi\ClientServer\VideoChats\ folder.
"Server" is a server, all other demos are clients.

As I understand, the main problem is incorporation in existing client-server project.
All these demos assume that data are transferred using RVMedia components; not only video and audio, but also commands, text messages, and files.
But I think it is possible. You can continue using Indy server, but run RVMedia server in parallel, and use it only to video and audio (and minimal set of commands necessary to establish relationships).
You will still need TRVMediaServer on a server side, and a pair of TRVCamSender and TRVCamReceiver on a client side.
And you need to link a user on TRVMediaServer with the user account on your existing system.
Probably, you should start from studying the demo "Demos\Delphi\ClientServer". It shows how to create user accounts on the server. You can modify it to use your user accounts.
fara2000

Post by fara2000 »

Thank you very much.
Iam will try to do what you suggested!
fara2000

Post by fara2000 »

It seems to be perfect. I intend to replace the indy server by yours and add the video and voice transfere capabilities.
The project Iam working on is "On Line Chess Game" where douzens of players play together through the server. HowEver I still have 2 questions:
1. Is the RvMedia server component as good as TCpServer from Indy?
2. Should I make any programming on the server side (as I did with Indy Server) or there is no need, because RvMedia server is only for transferring data?
Thanks in advance!