mathematical formulas will be losed when open docx

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
henryxxf

mathematical formulas will be losed when open docx

Post by henryxxf »

HI.

Today I tested RichView for the first time, and downloaded complied demo, then found that the mathematical formulas will be losed when the docx file is opened by RichViewActions, but the content pasted through the clipboard is perfect, the formulas will become image.

Conversely, if the rvf file was saved to docx,the formulas is OK opened with word,the formulas become image.

Maybe I didn't explain it clearly, I attached a picture as follows
Attachments
demo.png
demo.png (97.68 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: mathematical formulas will be losed when open docx

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Yes, equations are saved in RTF, DocX and HTML files as images.
A free version Adit Math Engine (shipped with TRichView) does not have methods for saving equations in these files.
A commercial version of Adit Math Engine includes these methods, but they are not supported by TRichView yet, will be implemented in future.
henryxxf

Post by henryxxf »

Thanks for your prompt answer!
I think the free version Adit Math Engine already suffices for my needs, I'm not worth buying AditMath just for a feature.

In other words, can RichView convert the formula into a picture by itself when opening the docx file? If so, I think RichView has fully met my requirements.

Otherwise, I have to try to read docx through createoleobject in delphi, although this method has other problems that I can't solve.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

When TRichView saves DocX, RTF, or HTML files, is saves equations as images.
TRichView cannot load equations from DocX (if equations was added by MS Word; of course, when it loads DocX saved by itself, it loads these pictures).
TRichView cannot load equations from RTF (if equations was added by MS Word); however, RTF contains both an equation and its alternative as a metafile picture, so TRichView loads this metafile (only VCL version of TRichView; there is no support of metafiles in LCL and FMX versions).
henryxxf

Post by henryxxf »

thanks
I tried to save the docx to rtf format, and then opened it with richview, and found that all the formulas have become pictures, which looks very good.

I will download a trial version of richview and see how it works. Many thanks
Attachments
ok.jpg
ok.jpg (162.46 KiB) Viewed 2405 times