Parameters.Alias

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
cueiogordo

Parameters.Alias

Post by cueiogordo »

Hi
I'm setting parameters.alias but it's not appearing in the bar, as shown in the marked image

RVCamera.Parameters.Alias := 'TESTE';
RVCamView.CaptionParts := [rvccpAlias, rvccpDate, rvccpTime];
Attachments
View.jpg
View.jpg (152.5 KiB) Viewed 9867 times
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Parameters.Alias

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I am sorry for the delay.

As I can see, the code that composes a title string is obsolete. It assumes that Alias is read from IP camera, so it displays alias only if:
1. RVCamera.URL is empty, and
2. MJpeg file is not played by PlayVideoFile method.

This code was created in ancient time when RVCamera supported only IP cameras, and it was assumed that Alias is assigned by RVCamera.SearchCamera (Alias either is read using IP camera API (if API supports it) or is assigned to the name of a camera model that is found).
It made sense for IP camera, but now TRVCamera supports many other video sources, and this logic is not consistent: Alias is displayed for any video source except for IP camera with the specified URL.

I'll make the following changes in the next update:
1. Alias will be displayed for any video source (except for files played by PlayVideoStream)
2. An option for not updating Alias from IP camera will be added.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Parameters.Alias

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

See RVMedia 9.1 release.
Now, Alias is displayed for any video source, and there is an option to prevent TRVCamera to change it when a video source is changed, so you can assign a fixed string to this property.