Problem with installation RVMedia 9 on Lazarus IDE

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
demarco

Problem with installation RVMedia 9 on Lazarus IDE

Post by demarco »

I have problem to install RVMedia packages to Lazarus IDE. After installation packages the Lazarus IDE don’t start.
I do following steps:
<1> install RVMediaVLCSetup9.exe to get the files
<2> compile package rvmedialaz.lpk from Source folder – I get report that compilation RVMediaLaz 1.0 successfully completed
<3> install package rvmedialaz_dsgn.lpk from Source folder – I get report that compilation RVMediaLaz_dsgn 1.0 successfully completed
<4> then starts autorebuilding IDE of Lazarus
<5> I get statement that there is error and Lazarus need zlib, so I copied zlib1.dll (64 bit) to main Lazarus folder
<6> after that I cannot start Lazarus IDE. I don’t get any statements. Of course if I start Lazarus from Lazarus.old.exe and uninstall RVMediaLaz_Dsgn 1.0 package the Lazarus returns to normal work.

I have the same problem on my 3 PCs (two of them on Windows 10 x64, one on Windows 11 x64).
I tried Lazarus (x64) in version 2.2.0, 2.2.2, 2.0.0, and zlib in version 1.2.3 (x64) from ThirdParty folder and 1.2.12 from www zlib net
I have got RVMedia 9

I am asking for help in solving the problem
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Problem with installation RVMedia 9 on Lazarus IDE

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If you cannot start Lazarus after installing components, you can go to the Lazarus folder and run lazarus.old.exe
(this is a backup version created on Lazarus recompilation)

Make sure that you have the newest version of RVMedia (currently 9.1, the installer still has the same filename)

On my computer, ZLib libraries included in RVMedia setup work Lazarus 2.2.2 (providing that they have the same bitness as Lazarus).

Maybe a version checking tool causes the problem?
Try opening MRVReg.pas, and commenting the line

Code: Select all

CheckForNewRVMVersion(False);
at the end.
Then recompile packages and install them in Lazarus again.
demarco

Post by demarco »

It's work. Problem solved. Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you mean that the problem was in version checking in Lazarus at startup?
I cannot reproduce it on my computer, but if you have this problem, I'll disable it for Lazarus in the next RVMedia update.

This functionality is still available: you can right click any RVMedia component at designtime and choose "Check for RVMedia update" in the context menu.
demarco

Post by demarco »

Yes, there was problem with checking tool. Like You said I commentig line: CheckForNewRVMVersion(False); in MRVReg.pas file and recompile packages.
Now Lazarus starts up and so far RVMedia components works well.