Sending as RTSP Stream?

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
njk

Sending as RTSP Stream?

Post by njk »

I dont believe this is possible. However, I wish to confirm prior to investigating other options.

I am trying to take a local rtsp source (rtsp://some-local-host:8554/abc) and stream it to a remote rtsp server (specifically rtsp-simple-server). The reason is to allow remote viewing of local streams that are generally behind a customer firewall (I dont have access to customer firewalls, or more correctly I dont wish to configure all of my customers' differing firewalls). I belive the TCAMSender component uses a proprietary protocol and thus isnt able to accomplish this task. Correct? Any thoughts on this problem would be appreciated.

[Local deployment is windows, Remote deployment is Unix]

Thank you
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Sending as RTSP Stream?

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Unfortunately, you are right.
TRVCamSender can send data only to TRVCamReceiver, in a proprietary format.

There is a chance that TRVCamRecorder can be used to send RTSP streams, but it is not tested, so I cannot guarantee. This component can use FFmpeg to record files. But it looks like FFmpeg output can be used to send RTSP instead of just creating a local file. Maybe you can set RVCamRecorder.OutputFileName to the value that can be accepted as a source by rtsp-simple-server...
njk

Re: Sending as RTSP Stream?

Post by njk »

Thank you. I appreciate your response. Cheers