Gstreamer Demo with udp src

RVMedia support and discussion (components for displaying and controlling IP cameras, webcams, video conferencing, video chats, recording audio and video files)
darvin

Gstreamer Demo with udp src

Post by darvin »

I try to start a demo stream based on gst-launch-1.0. It is a udp H.264 stream by using a udpsink host=<IP> port=12345 and it can be shown on the desktop. So the udp pipeline works.

Now I load the GStreamer.dproj located at RVMediaFMX\Demos\Delphi.FMX\Cameras\GStreamer. The gst-libs are loaded properly. In the window I click on [Add...] and enter the video source "udp://127.0.0.1:12345" and video source H264. But nothing happens. Same happens if I try it by using "rtp://127.0.0.1:12345".

I assume to use the wrong video URL string.
Please help - cause the strange thing is that this worked somehow before reinstalling Delphi on my notebook.

Thanks a lot!
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Re: Gstreamer Demo with udp src

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

A quote from RVMedia 8 announcement:
We implemented a special processing for UDP video streams in GStreamer. There is no UDP option in DeviceType, but you can specify rvdtRTSP or rvdtHTTP, UDP will be recognized by 'udp://' in URL.
If you want to listen the specific port for UDP video stream, you can specify an empty URL host name, only a port, e.g. 'udp://:5000'.
Two formats of UDP streams are supported:
- MJPEG (if VideoFormat = rvvfMJPEG)
- H.264 (otherwise)
darvin

Post by darvin »

Thank you for your quick reply!

The original gst source stream is:

Code: Select all

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc ! video/x-raw,width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, framerate=20/1 ! videoscale ! videoconvert ! x264enc tune=zerolatency bitrate=2048 speed-preset=superfast ! rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=[b]12345[/b]
We started the Demo project GStreamer both on VLC and FMX subdirectory, started the program and entered

udp://:12345
But nothing happened?!

A start of

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=12345 caps = "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false
works properly as expected! The libraries are loaded correct and the program shows no error.

Whats wrong here?
darvin

Post by darvin »

Ok, I found the problem. The gstreamer library was not compatible - used the latest version 1.22 which did not work for some reasons.

I uninstalled gstreamer completely and re-installed the former version
MinGW 32-bit 1.20.5 runtime installer
This worked for me - the udp://:12345 video came up instantly!