EListError On TRichViewEdit.Format

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
DickBryant

EListError On TRichViewEdit.Format

Post by DickBryant »

This one's driving me nuts!

I create a document consisting of a table loaded with various entries (some of which are Unicode). I save the table to a file then call

FMain.RichViewEdit1.Clear;
FMain.RichViewEdit1.LoadRVF(StrPas(FLSFile));
FMain.RichViewEdit1.Format;

the code fails on the Format with EListError on this line with List Index Out Of Bounds (0)

FormatLine(
RV_ReturnProcessedString(Items,
RVStyle.TextStyles[GetActualStyleNo(RVStyle)], False,
rvoShowSpecialCharacters in Options, False),
Items, 0,
{$IFNDEF RVDONOTUSEUNICODE}
RVU_Length(Items, ItemOptions),
{$ELSE}
Length(Items),
{$ENDIF}
i, Canvas, sad, Params)

BUT - if I close the program and reopen it and then open the saved file (using the same code as above) it operates perfectly??

Any suggestions?

Dick
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Can this error be reproduced when loading this file in Editor1 demo on in the ActionTest?
DickBryant

Post by DickBryant »

No - if I pause the program in the IDE right after it saves the file and open the file with ActionTest.exe it opens just fine - just like it does using my own program IF I close the program first (that's the current work-around, but I'd like to get rid of it).

Can this error be caused by settings in the RVStyle? I _believe_ RVStyle has been cleared before attempting to load the saved file into RichViewEdit1 using the referenced code.

Dick
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1) Send me this file
2) Is this really the line of code generating the exception? Compile your project without optimization and with stack frames (see project's options, compiler)