More than 1 Richview page on 1 pdf page using eDocEngine

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
pkappe

More than 1 Richview page on 1 pdf page using eDocEngine

Post by pkappe »

I use Richview to enter several text blocks. I want to merge these text blocks on one pdf file mixed with fastreport exports to edocengine. I use rvReporthelper with gtRichviewInterface (eDockEngine). All the textblocks from richview end up in a seperate PDF page. I Also looked at the rvPrint example where they use the property 'ContinuousPrint'. This property is not available in rvReporthelper. I can also 'attach' rvPrint to gtRichviewInterface but then i need a installed printer, wich i don't want.

I mailes Gnostice support, but they friendly told me that it was not possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this. Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Do you want to create PDF document consisting of several TRichView documents, with (or without) page breaks between them?
I am not sure how eDocEngine generates document, so I suggest simply to add all documents in the same TRichView, see http://www.trichview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1002
pkappe

Richview and PDF

Post by pkappe »

I want to export a Richview text, then a fastreport report and then another richview text on one PDF page. So mixing to different sources for my PDF export is the problem. In this case the richview text and the Fastreport report is on page one and te second richview text is on page two.

I hope you understand my problem?

I can use the rtf export from fastreport to merge all on one page in richview, but the the double lines will convert to single line in richview.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If you use RVReportHelper, you can draw as many documents on one page as you need.
The height of the last page is rvreporthelper.GetLastPageHeight, just specify (FullHeight-GetLastPageHeight) when calling rvreporthelper.FormatNextPage for the first page of the next document.

But sorry, I do not know how eDocEngine uses RVReportHelper to generate PDF.
pkappe

EDocEngine Export on 1 PDF Page.

Post by pkappe »

Thanks for your advice, but i can not us this directly with the eDocEngine richview export. I need to apply this within the code of the eDocEngine RenderDocument method.

For now i use export to metafile from Richview and place this in the PDF file. This works ok. I now have to place the fastreport output to a metafile, so i can insert this one on the right position into my PDF file.
alanmcd

Post by alanmcd »

if you create separate pdf files for each page or yor report, you can then pickj each page upagain and stitch them together into one pdf using gnostice pdftoolkit. It's very simple. (and fast) so noone would know you are using this method of temp files.
Alan