Missing RichView components for Addict3.5

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
MikeDunn

Missing RichView components for Addict3.5

Post by MikeDunn »

Hi,

I am a beginner. Clean install of Delphi2007 RAD for Win32. Purchased latest version of RichView April 15, 2008. Installed latest version of Addict 3.5. Trying to work on an existing project that uses RVAAddictLanguages and ad3RichViewCmpnts. I have compiled and installed RichViewActions but the RVAAddictLanguages is not contianed in the RichViewActionsCB2007.cbproj. I also can not find ad3RichViewCmpnts in either the Addict3.5 installation, the RichView or RichViewActions install.

How do I get these two components installed into my D2007????

Thanks,

Mike
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

This unit is included in RichViewActions. It converts the RichViewActions language identifier to Addict's language identifiers. This unit makes no sense without RichViewActions.
MikeDunn

Post by MikeDunn »

You are correct that unit is included with the downloaded file richviewactions.zip. However the RVAAddictLanguages.pas is not included in the RichViewD2007.dproj (bpl). I am assuming that it should be part of that library and that I can add it since I have the .pas file, then recompile.

Is that correct?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

It's not necessary to add this file in the package (nothing wrong in adding, though).
If you include it in "uses" of you unit, it will be linked to the project, even if it is not included in any package.
MikeDunn

Post by MikeDunn »

Since I didn't have a .dcu for it, the only way I know of to get a .dcu was to add it to the project and recomplie, then install. I was able to do that and now have the unit avaialable and recognized.

I am still missing the ad3RichViewCmpnts. It was not part of the source files for RichView, RichViewActions or Addict 3.5. Where do I get it?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

This file is from another package: TRichView wrapper for Addict 3.
If you use the latest version of TRichView (v10.3), use the wrapper from
http://www.trichview.com/resources/adrv3/adrv3b.zip
If you use previous version, use the wrapper from
http://www.trichview.com/resources/adrv3/adrv3.zip
If you want to enable Addict3 support in RichViewActions, you need
1) Install Addict3 package
2) Install TRichView wrapper for Addict 3 package
3) If RichViewActions are already installed, uninstall them (menu Components | Install Packages, select "TRichView: RichViewActions for Delphi 2007" and click Remove.
4) Open RichViewActions.inc and activate support for Addict 3 (remove the dot from {.$DEFINE USERVADDICT3}
5) Install RichViewActions.
See more details in install.txt for RichViewActions, and in the file loaded in the ActionTest demo by default (readme.rvf)
MikeDunn

Post by MikeDunn »

Sergey,

I downloaded the latest version from the link you sent (adrvb.zip). I have all the .DCU's now so I am not missing any components/units, but when I try to run my project, it displays errors in compiling the adsRichView.pas. I tried to recompile the the Addict3_RichView_d2007.dproj by itself but got the same errors.

Here are messages:
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(110): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'AbsItemCount'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(111): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(124): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(161): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'AbsItemCount'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(164): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'AbsItemCount'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(166): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(272): E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'AbsItemCount'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(274): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(360): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCustomRVFormattedData' and 'TCustomRVData'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(360): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(380): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCustomRVFormattedData' and 'TCustomRVData'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(380): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(384): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TCustomRVFormattedData' and 'TCustomRVData'
[DCC Error] ad3RichView.pas(384): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical
[DCC Error] ad3RichViewCmpnts.pas(35): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'ad3RichView.pas'

Also in the Structure View tree shows 4 instances of 'TRVSerializer' does not contain a member named 'AbsItemCount' at lines 110, 161, 164, and 272.

Any ideas?????
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

adrvb requires trichView 10.3, where TRVSerializer was rewritten
MikeDunn

Post by MikeDunn »

I purchased RichView on April 15, 2008... is this not the latest version? If it is not, where do I get version 10.3 as I can find no links on your website to this updated version 10.3.

I must assume then that what I purchased was version 10.0 not 10.3. I will try downloading the older advr3 instead of advr3b and see who it goes.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

I opened access to the protected forums for you account. See the Announcement forum, you can find all links to updates there.
MikeDunn

Post by MikeDunn »

I downloaded the new updates. I was able to revert back to supporting the v10.0 stuff yesterday and compiled fine. Will try to update everything and let you know if I have any more trouble.

Thanks...