Delphi and C++Builder Controls in ScaleRichView Documents
ScaleRichView editor, as well as TRichView editor, allows inserting components.
But while TRichView inserts controls directly in the editor window and they work like if they were placed on a form, ScaleRichView works differently: it display images of controls.
This method allows to scale controls together with the document, but applies some restrictions
(especially when appearance a component is frequently changed; for example, the caret is not shown in TEdit and TMemo).
To take all advantages of this feature, you can use SRVControls.
SRVControls: Basic Controls
SRVControls is a set of controls that was designed to provide full functionality when inserted in ScaleRichView editor.
- are completely supported by SRichViewEdit;
- are drawn and scaled with better quality;
- have additional properties related to scaling and printing;
- have customizable appearance;
- support skins;
- have the same appearance in all versions of Windows.
TSRVEdit is a single-line edit control, designed for insertion in TSRichViewEdit.
In addition to properties common with TEdit, TSRVEdit has properties for displaying its state.
TSRVRadioButton can be used to create questionnaires and forms.
TSRVButton — button, analog of TButton;
TSRVPanel — panel control that can contain other controls, analog of TPanel;
TSRVLabel — text label, analog of TLabel;
TSRVGroupBox — panel with caption, analog of TGroupBox.
TSRVListBox — advanced analog of TListBox.
TSRVComboBox — advanced analog of TComboBox.
TSRVPaintBox — analog of TPaintBox.
TSRVMemo — analog of TMemo.
TSRVEdit and TSRVComboBox can display a list of suggestions. Unlike a combo box drop-down list, items in this list are generated dynamically and depend on the text in the control.
Items in TSRVListBox and TSRVComboBox can have:
- custom indent (defining a hierarchy of items)
- check box (only for TSRVListBox)
- text (with custom font)
- disabled state
SRVControls: TSRVTabSet and TSRVImagesScroll
TSRVTabSet displays horizontal or vertical tabs.
The user can click or rearrange them.
This component is used, for example, in the ActionTestTabs demo for switching between documents.
TSRVImagesScroll displays a gallery of images horizontally or vertically.
SRVControls: Media Player
TSRVMediaPlayer component was created specially for SRichViewEdit.
The component provides full access to features of media files, allowing creating multimedia documents.
Watching video embedded in your document? No problem!
TSRVMediaPlayer, as against the standard TMediaPlayer:
- can display video of any format, if the proper codecs are installed in the system;
- provides access to information about video and audio files;
- has user interface for navigation in media files;
- allows to customize how audio and video files are played;
- can display TV channels and play radio stations (if TV/radio tuner is available).
ActiveX Controls. Flash
ScaleRichView editor allows embedding ActiveX components, including Adobe Flash (TShockwaveFlash).
- ScaleRichView\Demos\*\BaseControls\ — a simple form created using the standard components;
- SRVControls\Demos\*\SRVControls\Example1\ — a list of SRVControls;
- SRVControls\Demos\*\SRVControls\Example2\ — the same form as in the first example, but created using SRVControls;
- ScaleRichView\Demos\Delphi\Flash\ — several examples for Shockwave Flash ActiveX;
- SRVControls\Demos\*\InsertControls\ — the demo showing how to insert components in the editor and how to change their properties.