What is RVMedia
RVMedia is a set of Delphi VCL and Lazarus LCL components having the following functions:
- receiving video from different sources: local web cameras, IP cameras, network video streams, computer desktop, local and remote video files;
- configuring IP cameras and controlling their rotation;
- reading sound from a microphone;
- sending and receiving video and audio data via the Internet;
- organizing video chats and video conferences (either as directly connected applications or using a client-server model).
RVMedia can use GStreamer and FFmpeg
libraries to show video streams in advanced formats, such as H.264.
Note: RVMedia does not include neither a source code nor an object code of these libraries.
Copyright to GStreamer and FFmpeg belongs to the respective owners. RVMedia uses them under GNU LGPL license v2.1.
A Free Pascal (Lazarus) version of RVMedia supports the following platforms:
Components in the Package
– a component for receiving video from different sources (local USB camera, remote IP camera, video file, screen).
– a visial component for controling camera movement.
– a visual component displaying video from TRVCamera or TRVCamReceiver.
– a visual component displaying videos from multiple sources.
– a component for reading sound from a microphone.
– a visual component showing a microphone activity.
– a component for sending video (from TRVCamera or TRVCamReceiver) and/or audio (from TRVMicrophone or TRVCamReceiver) to TRVCamReceiver or TRVMediaServer via the network.
– a component for receiving video and audio (from TRVCamSender or TRVMediaServer) via the network.
– a component for sending data (video, audio, commands, files) from multiple TRVCamSenders to multiple TRVCamReceivers via the network.
– a component for displaying traffic charts and statistics.
Additional information and resources